[VAC] Re: Under Chassis Sewer Hose Storage

The standard airstream offering in the fifties/early '60's was a 4" tube
about 8' long mounted to the belly skin running fore & aft forward of
the wheels. It's made from thin galvanized sheet rolled into a tube and
fastened along the seam with formed caps. Our flying cloud has one, and
is being salvaged to reinstall. Couple of shots of it peeking out from
under the front here:
http://www.VintageAirstream.com/floyd/floyd_home.html

On the Caravel, I didn't think that the thin aluminum bumper compartment
could hold much weight?

RJ
'65 Caravel
'57 Flying Cloud