Replacement brake magnets

Hi Kids,

Fran here again with the life-long AS restoration project again. One of my
friends told me the moment turn the wrench for the last time and finish
everything, I will die and it will become my aluminum casket. Funny and
probably true ...

Anyway, got to replacing at least one old 12 x 2 magnet yesterday. And in
not having a ton of familiarity with them I need your help.

I assumed (I know, I know...) that they are Hayes 12 x 2 simply from catalog
pictures and measurements. So I ordered a couple new magnets (one of  driver
side VERY wore down) from a trailer company. The magnets appear
aftermarket, and dimensionally are the same. The wires, however, between
what was on the old (original?) magnets and the new are alarmingly
different. Most noticeably, the new wires are much smaller in diameter. I
can't tell gage difference, but the old ones had dedicated ring terminals of
a very beefy nature. I would think that there would be some serious
amperage on those magnets.

So do you think the new magnets may still be okay? All opinions welcome.

Stay tuned: Questions on brake adjustment (or "why did the magnets rub so
badly in the first place")

Fran