[VAC] Re: aluminum tank???

I know there's been lots of press about this OPD valve stuff lately, and I
know the testing Tom describes is supposed to be done periodically.
But I hauled my original 1976 tanks down to my local LP dealer last week
before a aunt to the beach and had them filled, no questions asked. I
imagine we're at least as lax about this sort of thing in NC as in SC (which
Tom mentions), but what's the scoop? Is this all a conspiracy among propane
dealers to sell stuff or are there actual state (maybe federal?) laws that
require I get testing and the new valves?

Thanks for the input; apologies for the ignorance.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins                        ghankins@ac.net
Happy Hank's Honey House            Mt. Gilead, NC