[VAC] Re: Tim's plumbing question

Tim,

Teflon tape would not keep a flaired fitting from leaking if that is what you are looking to do.  Actually, a compression fitting is a more reliable fitting than a compression type nowadays.  The flair could develop a crack and it would then leak.  I've never seen a compression fitting crack yet.

Just remember that IF a compression fitting is leaking, *remove the pressure before tightening* to stop the leak.  There is not much chance of ever stopping a leak on a pressurized water line that I know of.

Tom