[VAC] Damn shocks.

Folks,

Fran with the infamous '62 Safari THREE YEAR RESTORATION here.  Wrench has
turned in the other direction, thank goodness, and she's looking great   My
latest dilemma involves replacing shocks, which has become confusing.

Access to the shock mounts appears too tight for me to work without removing
front drum (and bearing) and rear drums.  Has anyone pulled these inner
drums?  Appears there are five  9/16" nuts on backside, and misc brake
wiring to disconnect.  But this is not the problem; issue is shock mounts
are obvious on right (passenger side), but virtually non-existent on left.
Through the rust, I honestly cannot figure out how they are attached as no
stud, nut, whatever, is visible or can be felt.  Again, this is exclusive to
the left shock only.  Anyone?

fyi, I purchased NAPA 94005 as my "best bet" for replacement.  If anyone
knows otherwise, feel free to speak up.

Fran