[VAC] "highly evaporative" & "unflammable" solvent

Jim,
I manage a vehicle development facility. We do quite a bit of FRP work and
use a lot of Acetone. I pulled the MSDS sheets this morning for your
descendants benefit. Just a word of warning. This is a quote from the "Fire
and Explosion Hazards" section. "Danger: Extremely Flammable. Keep away from
heat, sparks, flame and all other sources of ignition. Vapors may cause
flash fire or ignite explosively. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and
pilot lights, and turn off stoves , heaters, electric motors and all other
sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Beware of
static electricity that may be generated by synthetic clothing and other
sources." We only bring out as much as we need for the specific task from
our Fire Proof cabinet. The Drum stays in another Hazardous Chemicals
Container outside of the building.
Colin Hyde
57 Sovereign of the Road
59 Ambassador International