[VAC] Re: another polishing technique argh!

well, if you sand it, you'll still be able to get a
high shine, but not the highest!  alClad has a pure
aluminum layer on top - that'll give you the highest
shine, but I guarantee that if you sanded with 600
grit paper - that cladding is gone.  period.

it doesn't mean that you can get a mirrory shine on
there, it just means you won't get the same color as
those who have done it properly.

I know this all from experience - although I used
micro-paper to do my sanding - I'm pretty sure I've
still got some cladding left of that piece - but not
positive.

a couple things I've learned - and I agree with Ken
about the slow going, milder polishes:

- don't acid wash - doesn't do anything for you.
- don't sand - impatience shows when you compare next
to a perfectly polished coach
- keep the sucker clean while you're doing it all.
- Look at your work at night with a flashlight - that
will tell you something about how it's going to look
in the sunlight.

Toby