[VAC] Re: textured vinyl look/knockout seals

I had another thought, I saw some cabinet door knobs, with a large chrome
disk behind the door knob... If one tapped a hole in a strip of metal that
was a little longer than the hole size and put the disk together with the
strap and a nice looking screw, (like the knockout seal) slip the strip (
one end at a time) through the hole and draw the two together with the
screw... presto, nice chrome cover...

If it turns out that I get to make the thing, I can put a ridge that will
hold it centered in the hole and it won't slide around and drop in or out
of the hole if it gets a little loose... either way a little thread seal (
or glue ) when putting it together, should keep it in place...

Look out, we are thinking now...

Jim