[VAC] Re: Stove "grates"

Greetings Scott!

I am looking at a similar project on my '64 Overlander.  My plan is to
have the grates bead/media blasted to remove the rust and scale.  My
follow-up is to utilize a product called "Stove Polish - - Black Liquid"
- - it is a product designed to protect cast iron stove parts from all
elements and isn't supposed to burn off as many paints would.  It is
available from:

Cumberland General Store, Inc.
1 Highway 68
Crossville, TN  38555
1-800-334-4640

The cost for an 8 oz. bottle in the latest catalog is $7.45 (Item No:
1575)

They also have a web site at:

http://www.cumberlandgeneral.com

I haven't tried this product in my Airstream yet, but have used it on
the cast iron components of my old Round Oak pot belly stove.  It
provides a nice black, low gloss finish that has held up quite well with
the limited use that my pot belly stove has seen.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359