[VAC] axle flipping

On to a different axle topic!

I have a leaf spring suspension on my '60. I wish to gain greater ground
clearance. I am considering remounting the springs below the axle (they are
now above it). I know that several people did this back in the 50's & early
60's for the overseas caravans. It looks fairly simple to do, but one
question. Does anyone know what they did about the shock absorbers? I get
the impression that I would have to find longer ones, but knowing next to
nothing about them I thought that I would ask first!

Scott