[VAC] Re: axles

Hi Jon,

I put the trailer on the ramps today and struggled with measurements of the
"axle assembly".  I measure the outside of the dura torque assembly as 61-
9/16 inches.  The mid axle measurement perpendicular to the across
measurement is 1 - 3/4 inches.  My calculations for the cosine of the
measurements was less than .0175. I don't have charts to convert this to
degrees, but it seems like it will be between 1 and 2 degrees.  Sure hope
someone on the list knows the actual degree of the axle.

The bracket is welded to the outside of the frame and is necessary element
for replacement.

You may be talking about the angle of the torque assembly rather than the
arch of the axle.  If so, my torsion assembly is at near "0" degrees with
the wheel off the ground.  With the wheel on the ground, there's at least a
5 degree positive list.  Meaning that the axles are shot!  There might be a
slight torsion before the upper stop, but it's  not enough to keep from
destroying the Argosy.  I see a lot of damage caused by the condition.

This doesn't answer  your question, but just a look see at the torsion arms
will tell you what the condition of your dura torque axle is in.

                                         Regards, '74 Argosy, Joy