[VAC] Re: That little clock...

Greetings Jeff!

I am assuming that the clock is 12-volt DC.  If the clock is 12-volt DC,
there are a number of shops that rebuild/restore 12-volt DC clocks for
automobiles.  With the clock removed from its mounting record and
available manufacturer's information including maker, model numbers
and/or serial numbers.  With said information in-hand, try contacting a
restorer that you can find by referring to the latest Hemmings Motor
News or similar publication.  I recently had the digital dash clock
serviced in my Cadillac at a cost of just short of $75.00.  I wouldn't
mention that the clock is from an Airstream, rather I would indicate to
the rebuilder the manufacturer's information and see what they have to
say.

This is not a guaranteed solution, but it is entirely possible that one
of these shops will be able to rebuild your clock.

Another trick that I learned with automotive clocks was to disconnect
then reconnect the ground wire 3 to 4 times (a process that was called
"forced" winding in one of my car's manuals) which might start a stopped
clock.  With one of my older Dodge cars this had to be done anytime that
the battery became discharged.

Good luck with finding a solution to your clock's problems.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359