[VAC] Re: The Plan

Tim,
I spent $5000 for my 1978 28' Ambassador in February, took it to Jackson
Center and said fix it.  That cost another $4000 (tires, frig, spare tire
carrier, water pump, shocks, complete new weather striping, you get the
picture).  There should not be any reason for anything major to go wrong now
as long as I take care of it, winterize it properly, and do preventative
maintenance.  To me that was worth it.  I should not have to ever buy
another trailer if I take care of what I've got.  If I bought a brand new
SOB trailer it will be shot in 15 years but this 25 year old A/S will still
be rolling in15 years if I take care of it.  In the long run it is worth it.
In the short run probably not.  You need to figure out what your long term
plans are with this trailer.  If it is short term I would think seriously
about selling and getting something already finished.  Good luck with your
decision, I know that it is not an easy one.
Thomas #8848