[VAC] What is it?

I thought I had been over every inch of my 1976 Sovereign, but today I found
something that I can't figure out what it is. Underneath attached to the
belly pan on the front right corner is a 1/2" plastic tube about 12" long
that goes through the belly pan, inside the trailer. I can't see anything of
this from inside.

Now, the plastic tube has cracked with age and inside the tube is a small
wire cable. Its looks to have some type of attachment on the end but I can't
see for sure. I can't find anything about this in the service manual, but it
looks like it has been here for a long time.

Any ideas on what it may be?

Thanks