[VAC] Re: Stove problem solved

Jeane,
Great update. Short of a rusted out hot water tank, there is almost no
appliance that can't be repaired.  There is nothing magical about an
appliance being in a trailer - there were/are only a few manufactures of
parts back then, and now.

In any community there are appliance parts stores and many small shops
that can supply the materials and services needed to restore anything.
All it takes is perseverance and/or mechanical aptitude.

If you go to the typical RV dealer with an inoperative appliance, the
simple truth is most are going to recommend replacement for 3 very basic
reasons.
1- Higher profit margin.  Labor is very expensive compared to the cost
of a new unit.
2- Liability. With a new unit the manufacturer carries the greatest
share of liability - with a repair it is all with the repairman.
3- Warranty.  There is a greater chance that a repaired appliance may
require a follow-up visit or develop later problems the owner may feel
is the responsibility of the repairman.

Dang, one of these days I just may open up my own shop here in the Bay
Area.  If United Airlines goes bankrupt, I just may do that...

Later,
RJ
(feeling gumpy)