[VAC] stove solutions

I want to thank Tom and Terry for their educating me about shutoff valves and
conversion orifices. Funny that the RV places I've talked with didn't mention
these alternatives to buying a new stove from them. Ha.
 A handyman friend is going to remove the orifices/valves (wot's the
difference?)from the old stove to take to a used appliance store where the
owner says he has zillions of old gas stove parts. If there's a match I'm
home cheap. If not, due to all the input you've given, I know I can either
buy an apt. size gas stove compatible to the space and convert its
vales/orifices to LP and install a shutoff valve. That might cost me as much
as a new RV gas stove by the time I pay for labor.
Lincoln, I might just settle for a cooktop and toaster oven too if I get worn
down from all these decisions.
Jeanne