[VAC] Replacing Water Tank -

Thank you all for your help in the past! New question.  I have given up
trying to replace the steel water tank and trying to find a plastic
replacement that will fit in the original spot.  (1963 Globetrotter - Front
dinnette - tank was under front window under the dinette).  I will be going
to a plastic rectangler tank (with a flo pump) under one of the seats of the
dinette.  My question if you have done the same - what have you done with
the front fill pipe - what type of conversion is recommended? Or did you rig
the original fill pipe? Ideas - recommendations - what is acceptable among
the purists in the group? (if by chance you have an original steel tank
that's not leaking - that's in your way perhaps we can talk shop via email.
Thank you again.