[VAC] Update on TV antennae gear replacement

Hi All,

Thanks to the recommendations from the list, I was able to purchase the gear
replacement for the TV antennae on the '74 Argosy.

However, the original antennae is weathered and might need replacement.
Previous list responses informed me that leaving the antennae is useful.
This begs another question.  Is it worthwhile to replace the original
antennae with a like unit, or should I move on to a Batwing type
antennae?

                          '74 Argosy, Joy