[VAC] Re: Adding a Gray Water Tank

Hi Keith,

I'm working on a '74 Argosy 22; however, I believe that it does have a gray
water tank below the floor.  It's called a auxiliary tank and there's a
handle for the gate valve next to the street side opening in the frame rail
in front of the bumper.

I filled both tanks today as the gate valves for both are frozen open.  I
thought the water might loosen the valves.  After an hour or so, I noticed
the terrible drip from the under belly.  Guess I have to try separating the
valve to get it to operate properly?

It took me the better part of one day to remove the plastic bathroom
surrounds/cabinet to get at the black water tank.  I saw that the platform
that sits on the tank was badly water damaged (particle board returned to
saw dust).  I thought most of the damage was from the freeze broken water
pipes.  Sure hope it's not the black tank that's leaking.  Should have
tested the system before I put things back together - haste makes waste .  .
.

I didn't notice anything broken except for a very small crack in the weld
where the commode hold down screws into the black tank.  However, I didn't
try to take the tank off the floor.  Where was   your tank broken?

Hate to think about opening the rear belly as it's a horrendous job, at
least for me.  My '69 Safari is nearing completion after restoring nearly
everything from the floor down!  Not working very smart! :(

                                                  '74 Argosy, Joy