[VAC] Tempurpedic possibilities

Thought this might be useful to those considering the high-tech foam
mattress option.  We'd been thinking about a Tempurpedic mattress for
home for several months, but hadn't done anything because of the high
cost ($1,700 for a king).  We did get the pillows, which convinced us
that this foam is a great thing, particularly for those with
arthritis.  We thought about getting a Tempurpedic topper, which I
think is 1 1/2 inches thick, but weren't sure how much difference it
would make, and its price was a significant percentage of the cost of
an entire mattress.

Last week I was helping a friend, who mentioned that she had just
gotten a foam mattress topper at Costco for $149.  She said she
couldn't believe how much better and longer she slept. I stretched
out on it and immediately recognized the same "feel" as the sample
mattress in Brookstone (they carry the Tempurpedic line, although you
can't escape the Tempurpedic direct-sales ads these days).

I headed straight to Costco & found the Novaform Elite Mattress
Topper.  2 inches of viscoelastic foam.  Works wonders on the king
bed at home, for a whole lot less. Next step:  get another one and
modify it for the main bed in the 27' Overlander. Looking forward to
even better sleep while camping.

The Novaform is available on Costco's website - just search for
"Novaform".  There's a choice of sizes, all at $149.  Just don't buy
the last one quite yet . . .

Just for the record, I have no interest in Tempurpedic, Novaform or
Costco, other than savoring a good night's sleep.

Stan

'72 Overlander
'96 K2500 Suburban
Hensley