[VAC] Epoxy and Vulcem

I've been using vulkem quite a bit lately and agree that it is fabulous
stuff.  I have a couple of suggestions that worked for me:

1)  It seems to be quite a bit harder to get it where you want it and only
where you want it than regular household caulk.  My technique around the
house involves the use of my index finger and paper towels to correct
mistakes.  This is less satisfactory with vulkem and results in a grey index
finger for days.  I found that the syringes sold by Airstream Dreams really
helped to keep the stuff where I wanted it.   (If you plug the syringe with
the pin from an Olympic rivet the vulcem in the syringe keeps very well.)

2)  Have a rag and some mineral spirits handy to clean up any mistakes or
the rivet heads if you are using it with Olympic rivets as suggested by
Andy.

Dick
'62 Bambi