[VAC] replacement license plate holder & light, and police style radio antennae

Greetings Cindy!

I don't know whether the 1959 utilized the same style license plate
holder and light as the 1964, but if it did the part (at least visually
similar) is available from Airstream.  I purchased one of these for my
1964 and from an appearance and functionality standpoint, it is
identical to the original - - from a quality standpoint, it is not - -
after less than two years on the coach the replacement has begun to rust
and looks as bad if not worse than the 36 year old part that it
replaced.

Again, if the 1959 used the same 109" whip style antenna that the 1964
used, it is possible to restore with the exception of the base.  The
base is larger than any of the current models that I have been able to
find.  The solution on my coach was to steel wool the base to remove
scale and prepare it for paint - - then it was painted with a rust
preventative silver paint - - the mast was replaced with a near
identical unit from Radio Shack - - the whip retainer clips are also
available from a well-stocked Radio Shack and have the same appearance
and durability as the orginals.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359