[VAC] Re: Spare Tire

Hi Don,

That is true.  I had to tow on one good tire myself once.  I was moving my
1963 Overlander from my hunting camp to home which is about 80 miles.   I
did not have my spare in the back of my truck (dumb move) because I was
"only towing it 80 miles" and I got a flat.  BUT! the remaining tire was low
on air.  Another really dumb move on my part was not checking the air in all
the tires before I started towing.

It looked like the remaining tire was about to scrape the ground on the rim.
I had to make a sharp turn and it looked like the tire was going to un-mount
itself from the rim!  I was on the Natchez Trace (a national park that goes
from Nashville Tenn. to Natchez Miss.) in the middle of absolutely no where.
I limped it down the road for quiet a few miles to the next little town
hoping that the tire would hold up.  It did and I learned a few good lessons
that day the hard way.

I don't tow it even 2 mile now without checking the tires and having the
spare with me.  I also carry a tire repair kit, a 12 volt compressor with a
12 volt extension cord, and 2 cans of "fix-a-flat".

Hope this helps..

David Reilly
Madison, Miss.

1963 Overlander