[VAC] Re: Poping Rivets on the Front

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the great post, I will take every thing into consideration
and try to solve the problem. I can provide the following based on your
9 points:
1. I tow with a 1998 ½ ton Suburban, LT. Not stiff at all.
2. I admit I’m right at the GVWR and GCWR maximums. I do use weight
distribution bars in a dual cam system to keep from overloading and the
unit is fairly level.
3. I’m not sure what you mean. I have new Goodyear Marathons that are
balanced and do not show signs of unusual wear.
4. My Reese hitch head has 2 hole settings 1200 and 1000 lbs. I have
always pulled (3 years now) at the 1200 lbs setting. Could be a new
problem but was not an issue in the past.
5. I have not bounced on the unit other than to see if the ball is in
place before I hook up the rest of the system. I will do so and look for
proper movement.
6. I will address first before adding rivets.
7. How high does this plate rise about the upper most row of rivets? I
would need to know in order to properly space the new row.
8. Yuck!

Thanks for the great reply to this problem, I’ll start with 1-6 over the
next couple of days and get back with you.

Ed

WBCCI/VAC 4425

68 Sovereign

59 Traveler