[VAC] Re: Veneers and panelling

We had the same condition...we used a toothpick to gently apply a tiny
bit of  wood glue under the slivers.  Then clamped the area with
c-clamps and blocks of wood with waxed paper next to the veneer to
protect it from sticking to the blocks of wood.

The missing veneer areas where filled with a MinWax tinted wood putty
similar in color to the veneer.  Then I put a "finish coat" of the
Howards  Restoration Finish and waxxed it with Howards beeswax/orange
oil like the rest of the cabinets.

We are happy with the results...

Shari Davis
'64 GlobeTrotter - "Maxwell"