[VAC] Re: Univolt vs modern power supplies

It's a little unfair to compare the inteli-power to a univolt thats 25 to 30
years old. Compare the new style univolt to the inteli-power and I think you
would stay with the univolts. First of all with the univolt, you still can
use your power on light. Secondly, it seems most owners are buying "rebuilt"
intel-powers. Gosh, it make me wonder why they have so many rebuilts??? Could
it be that they are not what they are cracked up to be?? That's the info I
have from some owners, but it's too late for them, as they can't take them
back.
If the new style univolts are virtually trouble free, which they are, why
would someone take the risk of buying a product that has not been used on an
Airstream. Attempting to improving on Airstream's design and product choice
seems to be the new thing to do but it all to many times, is taking backward
steps, unless that person has also found out about the latest that Airstream
uses, and "why."
They spend many dollars on research. In my opinion, it would be to one's
benefit to take advantage of that research.

At least that's my humble opinion.