[VAC] cleaning the skin (Soft Scrub?)

I have re subscribed to this list after about a year off.  I think I am
about ready to buy a smaller 18 foot Globe Trotter (not sure of the year yet).

I am going to tow it home and spend a year or so fixing it up.  It has been
out in a field for several years.  The skin looks to be in good shape, but
it is very, very dirty.  Green slime, some black slime, dirt and just
oxidation for  30 or 40 years.

My neighbors would be appalled if I parked this dirty thing in my
driveway.  All I want to do now is wash the skin.  Sometime in the future I
will buff it out and make it shine like new.  But for now, all I want to do
is give the skin a good cleaning so the neighbors don't complain<g>

At CostCo I buy this stuff in a squeeze bottle called "SoftScrub" with
bleach ("Removes greasy dirt, mold and mildew, and soap scum" says the
label).  I use it in the kitchen and bathroom.  I use it on chrome fixtures
with the sponge that has a sponge side and a abrasive side.  I buy the
sponges that are used for Teflon pots and pans so the abrasive side of them
does not scratch my chrome bathroom and kitchen fixtures.

I think this Airstream skin is so filthy, it will take more  than just soap
water and a rag to clean it.
I would like to use this "Soft Scrub" on it, but I don't want to do
anything that would cause me problems later on when I try to buff out the
skin and make it shine like new.

Anyone used Soft Scrub on aluminum and have any feedback for me?  Anyone
have any suggestions on what to use to wash a *very dirty* Airstream
skin?  Maybe TSP?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack in Portland Oregon