[VAC] Re: Vintage grey water

Tim:
It's pain to have to hook it up sometimes, especially if the site slopes up
and the back of the trailer is closer to the ground than the front of it is.
This leaves little room for the blue tank. Other than that, I'm pretty happy
with the tank. I don't like to have to carry it wherever we go, because you
have to put it somewhere while you are traveling.

 We have a 15 gallon blue tank with wheels on it. When it fills up, I detach
it from the trailer, lash it to my trailer hitch, and drive it over to the
dump station (like a trailer!). Sometimes, I just walk it over there. 15
gallons of waste water weighs a lot!   If there is no dump station, we have
a problem! In some ways, I like this system, because when the tank fills up,
I just need to move the blue tank ....I don't have to take the entire
trailer over to the dump station. The 15 gallon tank lasts several days (5
?) before it fills up, but you have to learn to be conservative. We take
showers as we have no bathtub. We've had two adults and five children (in
the past) using this.

If I had the time and ambition, I'd cobble a grey water tank into my trailer
somehow, even if it was only a 5 gallon tank or less, for those times when
you are traveling and you just want to wash off the forks and knives after
lunch ...or wash your hands before lunch. Now, we just let the waste water
leak to the ground. (I figure that this grey water is pretty clean compared
to a lot of stuff sitting in the road.)

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html