[VAC] Another way to get to the top . . .

Hi Terry,

I got several notes about how to get on the roof without getting on the
roof.  Finally resolved to do it my way and used an old articulating
ladder.
Installed a 4 foot 1x10 covered with carpet to rest on the roof.  The
inverted "L" distributes my weight between the ground and the top of the
trailer.   Makes for an anxious climb, but very stabile once I get to the
top of the inverted "L".  On top, I have a pretty large space to lay
around
on!

Only used this contraption once to get to the antennae and start sealing
seams.  The Argosy has steel endcaps.  The joint between the aluminum and
steel seem compromised and I've not been able to stop leaks to the
interior.
The steel caps "were" galvanized at one time in their life.  I'll be up
there a lot! :(  The frequent rain squalls are making the leak detection
OK,
but sealing nearly impossible.   Need the rain, so won't complain too
much.

                                                '74 Argosy 22, Joy