[VAC] Name plates

While cleaning up the exterior of the Bambi I became aware that there was
all kinds of crud behind the name plates.  This was holding them away from
the trailer and the result was that rain was funneled directly to the
top of the little aluminum window awning and a hard rain would leak in.

I took one off today and cleaned out rotted stuff that has been
accumulating since 1962.  So now here are the questions:

1)  After sealing the little awning with vulcem do I put vulcem along the
top of the name plate and rivet the plate back on knowing that the spacing
between rivets is large enough that it will be likely that the seal will
open or do I use the vulcem and add a couple more rivets along the top edge
or do I screw it on through the existing holes and plan on taking it off
periodically to clean it and check the seal on the little awning or do I
use rivets only in the original holes and try to forget about future crud?

2)  What's the best source for color matching paint for the nameplate?

Thanks,

Dick
'62 Bambi