[VAC] Re: Freeze damaged plumbing help and welding plastic in formation

Just FYI:  I bought a brand new Moen shower valve at Home Depot
to replace the original out of my '76 Sovereign.  I was a bit
amazed to find out that the new one is an almost exact match.
I mean, exact down to the casting.

The one difference being the pipe connections.  Instead of
sweat joints, it has nice female NPT threads.  The next isle
over at HD had the brass PEX fittings that fit.  Male threads
to barb (for the crimp on PEX).  Very slick install.

Jimbo / '76 Sovereign