[VAC] Re:

Louis.
 A dealer is in a very different position than an individual. I have no
problem giving out information that I know works and/or solves a problem.
However, it seems that there are a select few that become argumentative, and
want to go on and on and on with a subject, such as the recent HUD thing.
I simply don't have the time to become involved with that type of discussion.
As most of you know, I have been around the Airstream family for over 36
years, and have made many contributions to the product and family. The
Airstream factory will be the first to confirm that.
The greatest difficulty is selling parts to someone that has no tools, or
very few, has no mechanical background or ability, that becomes irate when
explicit and exacting detailed installation instructions are not provided.
We sell parts, offer some assistance with installation instructions, but we
cannot train someone to become a mechanic. I am not trying to be critical,
but facts are facts.
The replacement toilet for the rear bath models that have the bench seat is
made by Thetford and is model number 20920.
It is the "only" toilet that will fit, but I assure you that the installation
will not meet with some owners approval.
The instructions are simple. Cut a hole in the bench to match the toilet,
lower it in place and mount it to the floor flange. Seal the cut edges of the
bench. The toilet will be higher than the bench by about one inch.
It is not a perfect fit, but again, it is the only unit that Airstream and I
have found to work.
Now for the fun part. Watch all the negative feedback.
When that happens, I will await responses from others that will defend or go
to bat for someone that is more than willing to share knowledge in positive
ways.
The various Airstream sites, this one included, are to share knowledge and to
be helpful at least in a reasonable way to each other. It is not, in our
opinion, a place to attack anyone, for any reason.
A dealer overall will always have more answers than any individual, only
because they get exposed to many many things that most owners are not exposed
to.
Differences of opinions, and the reasons why, are always welcomed.
Arguments and bashing serves no useful purpose except to satisfy someone's
ego.
Working together, as best each of us can, with the time that each of us can
contribute, will contribute considerable to the advancement of
"Airstreaming."
To that end, we have been dedicated for over 36 years, and will continue to
do so.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com