[VAC] Re: Help W/ comparing years

Rivka,

Check all the tambour doors carefully in the '74.

The "70's" Airstreams all have their tambour doors made out of plastic. The
ones in the "early" 70's have a tendency to separate. Later on, they
started to put a backing on them, so they are less likely to fall apart.
When I was looking to buy one, I saw a lot of ealy '70s Airstreams with
this problem. The '77 Sovereign we eventually bought doesnt have this problem.

Unfortunately, I dont know when they switched to the "better" ones. Maybe
someone else on the list knows.

Dave