[VAC] Gaucho

Can anyone tell me the original width of the side gaucho in a Bambi when
made into a bed?  I would like to know how wide it was originally intended
to be, and the width of each cushion including the bolster (whether wood or
foam) seperately.  Our frame is in poor shape and I can't tell if the bed
originally filled the entire space from the wall to the furnace or left a
small aisle to the bath.  I'm quite sure the cushions that came with it were
replacements.  The part of the frame which slides out has wedges which lift
the seat up at an angle.  I thought the bed was designed to come out only
until those wedges were off the drawer frame so the bed would lay flat.
Given the discussion about the bolster I now wonder if the bed wasn't
designed to pull all the way to the furnace.

Dick
'62 Bambi