[VAC] Re: Rest Area Camping

I spent many years RVing full time (I'm a former circus performer) and we
regularly stopped in rest areas and never had a hassle.  In recent years the
safety issue has become more of a concern for me, so I persnally prefer a
crowded truck stop (the noise of the generators act like white noise that
lulls me to sleep, although I realize some people might not like this) or
even Walmart or KMart parking lots.  If you park in the corner, way in the
back and you'll rarely be bothered.  Once or twice a security guard would
ask us to leave but it was rare.  Walmart actually encourages RVers
"boondocking" in their parking lots.

All the best,

Cheri Sicard
Los Angeles, CA