[VAC] Re: Purchasing a Trailer out of Canada

I did the reverse last year with no trouble. I bought a trailer in Ohio from
the Canadian side. I had a bill of sale sent prior and registered the
trailer in Alberta. I took my Alberta plate with me and asked Canadian
customs on my way down if I was okay. They said if it was a motorized
vehicle it is much more complicated as they check out ownership thoroughly.

You could find a customs broker in the phone book and they should be able to
clarify any details.

Coming  this way there is no duty.

Terry O'Neill
Calgary