[VAC] Re:

Black water tank - 65 TW:

    I have just finished wrestling a new piece of 5/8" ply into the rear end
to replace the rotten section under the head. I removed the remains of
several less than satisfactory repair jobs. The tank is relatively new
(1990), made by Best Plastics, Inc.. I would be interested to know how these
tanks were originally supported or attached to the trailer. Ours had two
ill-fitting metal straps, which allowed the tank to hang down at the rear.
Best Plastics sent me mounting specs (very nice of them) which show bolts
through the tank flange at 6" centers or supporting straps 12" apart. Which
is the preferred way to do this? If straps, what strap material? I'm looking
at some left-over mobile home tie-down stuff which might do the job. Any
direct knowledge or suitably experienced opinions would be most welcome.

    OBTW I got the factory Bay Breeze AC unit up and running. I put in a new
fan motor and built a new electrical enclosure. The compressor is in good
shape. Fixing it saved cutting a big hole in the roof. The unit works well
and is very quiet inside and out.

    Robin, 65 TW Jax.