[VAC] Re: locating leaks

Jim. I heard that also, way back in 1966. I am still trying to find the
person that made that statement.
The questions I would have are:
1. Where would you attach the blower? You cannot put it inside the trailer.
2. How would you compensate for the holes in the floor and the roof for the
reefer?
3. Since it obviously would be a positive pressure, how would you limit it so
as not to
not buckle the stringers?
4. How would you compensate for the window gaskets that have been used from
1966 to 1996? When properly installed, they let air and water out, but not
in.
5. How would you keep from shattering the windows with that positive
pressure?
6. How would you compensate for the leakage of that air through the open cell
gaskets that are used in all of the ceiling vents?
7. How would you keep plastic bottles that the owner may have in the trailer
from being crushed by that positive pressure?
8. How would you keep the sealer that was applied to the backside of the
outside shell from stretching and/or cracking?
9. How much liability insurance do you carry, to repair all the things that
were damaged by that pressure?

Lets face it guys, this is a "TALE" that has grown to the point of being
totally ridiculous, and is more like a "bad joke."

If anyone tries this, I for one, would be very interested in how much trouble
you went through, to find and repair a simple water leak. All water leaks are
simple to find and repair, once a person has an intimate knowledge of the
internal construction of an Airstream.

It's the procedure that must be followed, that is evasive.

Perhaps someone could get the factory to give "hands on" demonstrations at
the international rally, this year.

Andy
inlandrv.com