[VAC] Re: coating the roof.

I am about half way finished with polishing my 71 Safari (Nuvite and cyclo
polisher) and have a question regarding the roof.  As we all know a good
portion of the roof is not visible except from elevation.  I have seen one
polished trailer with the roof coated with white RV roofing paint.   This is
not exactly consistant with the "restored" concept of a trailer but then I
didn't buy the trailer to keep it  completely original but rather to use it.
On the other hand I don't want to do anything to lessen my chances of a
reasonable price when I sell.   My questions is these.

    1.  Is painting the roof considered an absolute No No?
    2.  anyone have a recommendation for a paint that will not run and
streak the sides of the trailer?
    3.  Will my shoulders ever recover from these hours of polishing?

Thanks,

Bill