[VAC] Advice please - Travels, Flags, Fuel and Caravans

Hi there,

After 18 months of planning and dreaming, I am finally on my way to the
states in July from the UK to pick up and use my 69 Overlander.  I am using
a ¾ tonne suburban to tow and will be travelling between Albany New York,
and Spokane Washington to pick it up. Once the long haul is over I plan to
take it easy around say a 300 mile radius of Albany for two weeks, before a
reluctant return to the work in the UK.

I have been in the States only twice before on short trips only and without
an Airstream! It would be great to get some advice on where to stay on both
the trip out to Spokane with just the suburban.  And also where we can stay
for the night when on the way back with the Airstream.  It is business like
trip, as my young family will be awaiting my return.  I will have a mechanic
with me, courtesy of his desire to hit the road, and a very helpful relative
back in Albany.  Some advice on places to stay once I get back to Albany and
travel with my family would be great.

Also I have seen flagstaffs placed at the rear or front of Airstreams and
would like to get two or three of these - the stars and stripes, the union
jack, and an Airstream flag.	I also have an idea that it would be great
to fly smaller flags on the wings or front bumper or as you folks say fender
of the suburban as you sometimes see on limos.  Can anyone offer advice on
where to get these.  Can anyone offer advice on fuel consumption for the
burb, I am figuring on 10 miles per gallon as an average with or without the
airstream in tow; is this about right - My trip each way is 2700 miles!

It looks as if I will miss the rallies this year, but I will be back in 2003
and we aim to go then.

One more thing - International Caravans - in around 2010 or 2015 my wife and
I will be ready to travel the world with our Airstream, does anyone have
plans to re-create the caravans of the 50s and 60s. I imagine a group of 10
or 20 of us, with sponsership, making our way around the world.

All the best and regards

Nick & Jackie

nicholas.sowter@email.com