[VAC] Awning ideas needed for a '67 Caravel

I need some practical ideas for an awning for a '67 Caravel. There was a
complaint from a fellow Airstreamer made to the park host at this past
weekend's rally at my local Airstream park about my 8 x 8 QuikShade awning
(see this link for a photo of it
http://airstream.net/rallies/01-TOG/TOG.html ). I was told it falls under a
rule that the park has that says you can't have a "a built structure at your
campsite". I was surprised that an awning that can be put up within 30
seconds could be considered a structure but never the less will consider
other options for the 4 miscellaneous days per year I spend there. My wife
is a cancer survivor and some of the medications she is on still makes her
very sensitive to the sun. No awning would mean that she would be in the
trailer for the whole weekend.

I've pretty much dismissed the idea of destroying the clean lines of my
small camper with a $1050.00 Zip Dee awning. The really bad part about the
ZipDee on a trailer as small as mine is that it only spans about 7 feet
(from curve to curve). That's not a lot of "bang for the buck" in my book. I
would like to do something that would look "period correct" and not detract
from the smooth appearance of the trailer. My trailer came with the factory
Armstrong air conditioning which is already sort of obtrusive on the small
trailer!

Thanks,
Geven Aston
'67 Caravel & Woody wagon tow vehicle