[VAC] Re: Fridge not cooling!

Strange, Dometic seemed to think that this might help, in their Bulletin #
18 which follows:

                    DOMETIC
                    BULLETIN #18
                    DECEMBER 1971

                    SPECIAL SERVICE BULLETIN

A large percentage of the units returned to us as inoperative are
not defective, but do show signs of being overheated, which would
indicate that the refrigerator had been operated in an off-level
position or with inadequate ventilation.

This will cause an excessive vaporizing of the ammonia within the
boiler. After some hours of this, the liquid mixture in the boiler
is very weak and the pump will cease to operate, which means that the
circulation of liquid stops.

To remedy this fault, we would recommend the following Procedure:
The refrigerator should be removed whenever possible and allowed
sufficient time to cool down.  Turn the unit upside down several
times so that the liquid in the absorber vessel can be mixed with
the liquid in the boiler. This will restore the liquid balance.

If the refriqerator is the gas/electric model, the electric heater
should be a checked before re-installing the refrigerator in the vehicle
to be sure that the heater element is inserted to its full length
in its pocket or receptacle. If the electric heater is only partly
inserted, the heat distribution will be incorrect, causing an excessive
vaporizing of the ammonia within the boiler when on electric.

There are many things to consider before determining that the unit
is faulty:
          1. Clean and proper Size burner orifice
          2. Burner air intake
          3. Proper propane gas pressure
          4. Height of flame
          5. Adequate ventilation
          6. Dirty combustion tube
          7. Check for ammonia leaks
          8. Does the customer know how, and where to level
             the refrigerator

We feel sure this information will be of some assistance to you in
helping us to fulfill our obligation to our mutual customers

                                     CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT