[VAC] Re: Leaking galvanized water tank

John, I would add that I would ask the manufacturer of the tank you buy if
they can attach the connections (inlet and outlet) in the desired locations
before the tank is shipped. If they can't do that for you, be sure to ask if
the fittings can be heat welded in locally. It depends on the type of
plastic used in making the tank. Some tanks have to have the fittings
installed using friction welding. Not every plastics fabricator is equipped
to do friction welding and on some tank materials only friction welding will
hold and not subsequently leak. Ask me how I know.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind