[VAC] Leaking galvanized water tank

Friends -
I have a 1963 Globetrotter - with a 15 gallon galvanized water tank up
front.  This morning I found the carpet and rugs soaked.  I strongly suspect
the tank as I filled it and pressurized it yesterday.  The trailer was
tipped up and back - the rugs were soaked, carpet halfway back. and wet
under the tank.
Question - what am I getting into trying to replace the tank?  Do I want
another galvanzied tank - are they available?
If I go to plastic can I use the same system - air pump or do I have to go
to a flow pump.
If you have been thru this before - any leads/advice would be great!.  Thank
you.
Has anyone used the tanks from the grainger catalog?
John Truitt
Detroit, MI