[VAC] Tire replacement worries

Hi everyone,

 It's time to replace the tires on my '67 Safari.I have been told that the
best replacement tire would be the Goodyear Marathon ST/75R15,load range D.

 I now hear that these tires have been problematic in the past,and even the
subject of a recall last year.Should I be concerned about this,or has the
problem been fixed?Anyone using recent issues of these tires?Is there
another tire I should be considering?Any and all opinions appreciated!

 And on a related note,do you all take your spare tire on every trip?I
ask,as I hate that the only place I can store mine is on the tongue and I
have just nicely polished that area....hate to cover it up!I have been given
an aerosal bottle of some stuff to use in case of a flat.It is supposed to
"patch"  it from the inside.I was told that I could just go with this and
carry an inflator that runs off my battery to get myself back on the road in
case of a flat.I am really unsure whether this is wise advice or not.Does
anyone use this,or a similar method and leave their spare at home?

 Thanks!

Charlotte