[VAC] Newbe from Coosa Part III

I'm starting to fell like a Godfather movie with all these part numbers.

No Noah, it's not on the battery compartment. The pull down door is on the
front of my Univolt. It covers the circuit fuses.

We also have the rear bath and the Univolt is also behind the tub. To get to
my Univolt I had to go into the curb side wardrobe, unscrew and remove the
inspection cover. I still couldn't get the pull down door to open far
enough, so I had to remove the wardrobe floor.

Once I could see the two wood screws holding the plywood plate down and got
them out, and disconnected all the wires, the Univolt just pulled stright
toward the front of the trailer.

Be careful when you lift that noise maker out from the wardrobe. That puppy
is a bit on the hefty side, like it's been eating too much of Barbara's
great cooking. The largest portion of the weight is on the back end where
the transformer is.

BTW, the Univolt cabinet contains 3 large can capicators, a large and heavy
transformer, a very big heat sink and a bridge rectifer. The can capacitors
were very corroaded and rusty, the transformer wasn't any better.

The new PD9145A should be here next week, then the lights come back on.

I hope other list members find this information useful.
Thanks to all of you for being there.

Ron and Barbara Ainsworth
'72 International 29'

"Thank you Ron for your reply regarding the Univolt removal. My 29'
International ('74) has the Univolt behind the tub (rear bath). There is no
"pull down door."  Are you refering to the battery compartment door?

Noah
Hopewell Junction, NY