[VAC] What have I done now? ('64 GT)

I have finally started on re-outfitting my '64 Globetrotter, which I bought
last august for this purpose. It's definitely a fixer-upper on the inside:
The cabinetry was really bad and not original, more like a hybrid of
original with water damage and bad paneling overlay. When I got it home, and
ripped out the carpet, and to my surprise, saw that the floor had been
replaced. So that is in good shape, even though it seems to be 5/8" not
3/4". This explains the bad cabinets and the interior latex paint, bad
plumbing, etc... It was put back together, but not well.
Now, it is mostly empty, except for the tub, and will get new plumbing
(pex), drains and some new electrical,, like an Intelipower, and later solar
panel, inverter, etc.
Plans include a new water tank mounted upfront under bed, construction of a
dinette opposite the new galley, closets. Basically I have a blank slate,
with a few ideas. It's kinda scary!
I will be counting on the good advice and encouragement available here on
this list, so wish me luck!
Jere Potter #1877
Fort Collins, CO
'64 Safari