[VAC] Thetford SlideOMatic

Thetford's Slide-O-Matic is the stock unit in my 66 Safari.  It was working
perfectly until I returned from my winter trip to Mexico.  The trailer
stayed here in the park with the water turned off.

Too much has already been written about the maladies that occurred to my
Bowen 9 gallon H20 heater during this period.  It is scheduled for
replacement soon.

Now the the Thetford is on the slipper Slide-O-Matic into oblivion.  The
felt gasket that used to seal the bowl is falling apart.  The linkage
doesn't seem to fully close when I take my foot off the pedal and there
appears to be a leak coming from the pipes under the Thetford "Aqua Magic"
box which sits behind the toilet seat.  Something has to be done soon or the
base floor will get rotten.

Funny as it seems i liked the old Slide-O-Matic.  It was simple, clean and
easy to use.  Is repair a feasibility or is replacement the only way to go.
If I have to replace, which is the most compatible unit.

Sorry for the sudden onslaught of questions.  I usually get the jobs done
and then crawl back in my hole :)
Bob
66 Safari under seige
Oceanside, CA