[VAC] Refrig Door Repair

Dear Chris:
   Thanks for your help with my gasket problem. My refrig is the RM 77
model. Taking off the original gasket is still a mystery. One guy said to
take the four nylon hinge receptacles off the door and the aluminum band
around the outside perimeter would just slide off releasing the gasket. I
haven't had time to do that but I did take one off the door prior to this
episode and nothing was revealed. I think I would rather have a gasket in
hand which will obviously go on with double-sided tape before I take a razor
to the original. There must be specialty stores that sell this kind of thing
but I haven't found one in my North Georgia Woods. Any one have any
suggestions? I'm traveling next couple of days but will be back Wed.
evening.
Thanks for your help,
Hoyt Oliver