[VAC] Re: new frig

Bob, Airstream used Dometic. What model year is your coach? Mine in a 1968
model and only Dometic makes a replacement the correct size to fit in the
space the dead fridge came from. Yours may have the same limitation.

Some people suggested having the old fridge repaired (replace the cooling
part) with a rebuilt part. The inside of the old one was not in good
shape -- cracked plastic, broken freezer door hinge, etc. -- but my wife
said it was ugly and she wasn't using it. So much for that alternative. ;-)

Shop around for prices. The list price for the Dometic 2510-2 that I bought
and installed is $995. I bought a new in the crate one locally for $725.
Still pricey but not quite so bad.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind